Discover why Grand Rapids has topped national and international lists as the place to go.
*What had farmers driving wagons 100-miles here for the rare product that built Grand Rapids before it was furniture city?
*What did one guy trade for the removal of the massive river stones that used to make the rapids?
*Which Grand Rapids business leader bossed around state governors and was suspected of paying for the murder of a state senator? (No, he was never convicted… but if you see his ghost, you can ask him.)
*Grand Rapids’ own President Ford is thanked today for one brave decision, but it’s also the same one that lost him the election. Can you name it?
*Which work of a famous artist has been stepped on by millions of people without them realizing it? (FYI, we’ll let YOU step on it too.)
Would you like to discover the answers to these questions and more? Then join us on this unbelievable walking tour that takes you on a journey around our majestic city. No matter if you’re a local or new to the area, this tour is fun and informative. Whether you’re a lone traveler, eager to make new friends and uncover secrets of the city or a group of friends or family ready for an adventure this tour is for you. Come rain or shine we are ready to introduce you to the exquisite city we know and love.
- Your tour begins outside of Biggby located at the gorgeous McKay Tower in downtown Grand Rapids.
- This one of a kind walking tour takes about two hours so be sure to bring your sneakers, sunscreen and water.
- Your Certified Tourism Ambassador Tour Guide will march you around the city, providing you with fun and informative commentary along the way.
- Several stops will be made so your guide can share detailed stories and facts that will leave you floored.
- We want you to get the most out of your experience so we encourage you to participate and ask questions.
- You will also have the opportunity to create memories by capturing photos as we amble through the city.
Enjoy the beautiful sights that are unique to only Grand Rapids. You have several historic and stunning sights to take in as you are on your journey, but don’t worry you will have plenty of time to fully immerse yourself in the city.
- Absorb the talent of the local artists as you stroll through our public art.
- Revel in the sights as you cross the Grand River on magnificent pedestrian bridges.
- Honor or 38th President as you visit his final resting place outside of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum.
- Uncover the history of the Native American’s, who were among the first to inhabit the area.
- Embrace the joy and culture in Rosa Parks Circle.
It’s all here waiting for you in the picturesque city of Grand Rapids. Experience the city up close and personal with us and uncover all the secrets Grand Rapids has to offer.