We are a local company that believe in making a difference.
Tourism can improve people’s lives by, increasing the demand for locally produced products and services, creating jobs, bringing social and economic benefits to the local community and taking care of the environment.
Sustainable tourism, in our opinion, is responsible tourism. We have a strong ethics towards supporting our community. We are very loyal to small and local business and we try our hardest to embody the sustainable tourism’s principles.
For us sustainability is simple, we contribute to the local people, community and environment while meeting our business needs and helping it flourish.
The more successful the business, the better it is to the community, to the tours and to the clients.
That means we focus on:
- Improving local access to tourism markets
- Helping ‘traditional’ businesses such as agriculture and fishing to diversify into tourism
- Developing and improving tourism products and services to better meet the needs of the market
- Embedding change into policies and procedures for long-term success.
- Ensuring people who work for Discovering Michigan are treated fairly and are paid a fair wage.
- Ensuring that local people benefit economically by employing them as leaders, guides and drivers – and by eating in local restaurants and using locally owned hotels when possible
- Minimizing our impact on the environment by traveling in small groups, reducing waste and educating about better tourism practices.
- Developing more authentic and differentiated products and services demonstrating how traditional knowledge and skills can have an economic value
- Creating new markets for local products
- Providing opportunities for cultural exchange and learning
- Creating partnerships that facilitate strategic tourism planning for sustainability
- Ensuring that all the stakeholders have an opportunity to engage with, and benefit from tourism
- Sharing best practices
We can give you tailor-made experiences sure to bring you life long memories.
We can also promise that you will make a positive impact simply by touring with us.
Not only that, but imagine how much friendlier and more enthusiastic the people who work in places that truly care about their staff and environment would be, as opposed to places where the owners are only interested in every penny they can earn from you.
We believe in creating better places for people to live in, and better places to visit.
The benefit we can each make individually might be small, but when combined, the changes are powerful. We believe that you can get a much better experience because of us working in the ways we do and caring about the people, places and environment that we live in.